Saturday, October 20, 2012

Travelling Yogi

I spend what feels like hours in the car everyday flying between classes. My car has become a second home.  I have my sandalwood oil to douse myself in after class, my cd's, himalaya lip balm I bought  in India a year ago, a water bottle and at the moment some organic oranges rolling around on the floor at the back. My current inbetween class snack! Juice and food in one!

The mantras are essential, they play continuously.  At the moment it is hours of the Dhan Dhan Ram Das Guru mantra by Sangeet Kaur.  Normally it is hours of Ardas Bhae by Mirabai Ceiba from their album Heart of Healing.  The mantra that gaurantees that our prayers are answered!  Recently I have also been playing Chardi Kala's version of Japji over and over inbetween some pumping pick me up Jai te Gang by Gurunam Singh! Thank you Carmen for this:) Before this Yogi Bhajans voice was on repeat  " Patience pays wait, let the hand of God work for you..."  always uplifting.   It always retunes me into the flow and rhythm of my life and drops me gently back into that place of trust.  Trusting again that my soul knows where my life needs to flow and who it needs to flow with.  Every soul is a great soul and is here with a great purpose.  We need to be gentle with each other as we each negotiate the new territory  that each new moment and breath brings.

When my daughter (Maya) remembers, she tries to put up a little fight to hear some 5 fm in the car, but mostly now we are ALLOWED  to listen to the mantras if they play softly!  When I am on my own I chant loudly or drift away and allow the rhythms to wrap around me and pentrate my being with their subtle healing effects.

Sometimes when she is with me we do splash out and have a little wild rock moment together. A laughing liberation.... Fun!  She is normally the one who turns the music softer!  She says that when I wear my turban it makes me deaf!

A few things I have learnt to do while driving:
  • chant with wild abandon, smiling sweetly at incredulous fellow drivers as they drive past
  • tie my turban at a red robot - sometimes even better than the one I tie using a mirror and lots of time!
  • reach under the back seat for my juicy oranges
And in those moments where everything feels too much, too overwhelming, too challenging I remind myself that whatever I am healing within myself now, whatever I am releasing now, whatever I am sitting with and observing now, no matter how painful or scary, I not only liberate myself, but free the generations who came before me and energetically create a clearer space for my daughter and all the generations still to come. 

The healing most often does not come in the doing, the searching, the intellectualizing, the running and the resistance, but slowly opens and flows when we open to full acceptance, full presence with what is, as it is in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment